Tuesday, October 8, 2013 - 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Read a book, any book, to your child. The goal is to have read 1,000 books (yes, you can repeat books!) before your little one starts kindergarten.
It's easier than it sounds! If you read just one book a night, you will have read 365 books in a year. That is 730 books in two years, and 1,095 books in three years!
This kick-off program will help you
- Learn activities to help your child get ready to read
- Explore the library and learn about additional resources to share with your child
- Learn more about the 1000 Books program
- Sign up for the 1000 Books program
Why is it so important to read to children before they enter kindergarten?
- Reading time is bonding time
- Reading to your child promotes a love of books and learning
- Reading to your child builds skills that will help them achieve more in school.
Image courtesy of Florida Center for Instructional Technology.